To Symposia Series
1995 INTERNATIONAL ASH UTILIZATION SYMPOSIUM
Post Symposium Summary
The 1995 International Ash Utilization Symposium was held in Lexington, Kentucky, USA,
at the Hyatt Regency Lexington
on October 23-25, 1995.
- 285 people attended the Symposium from academia, government, and industry.
- In addition to the United States, they came from Brazil, Canada, Germany, Korea, The Netherlands, Russia, South Africa, Spain, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.
- Keynote Address
- Richard Kruger of Ash Resources (PTY) Ltd., Randburg, Republic of South Africa
- In Memoriam Address honoring Barton A. Thomas
- Charles J. McCormick, Advanced Pozzolan Technologies, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- 69 presentations were made
- 12 organizations provided exhibits
- Barton A. Thomas Best Presentation Award
- The recipient of this award was Ronald Hamric. His presentation was entitled "The Backhaul and
Utilization of Coal Ash in Reclamation and AMD Mitigation by Patriot Mining Company, Inc." It was delivered on October 24, 1995, at 10:45 a.m. in the session entitled "Mine Reclamation/Backhauling".
- Proceedings Volume
- The Proceedings Volume is out of print.
- 19 selected manuscripts published in FUEL, vol. 76, no. 8, June, 1997
Copyright © 2000-2001 Center for Applied Energy Research, University of Kentucky
1995 International Ash Utilization Symposium
All Rights Reserved. Do not duplicate or mirror this site.
Initial 1995 International Ash Utilization Symposium Web Site launched February, 2000
DATE WEB SITE LAST UPDATED: April 7, 2000
Reciprocal links -- industry, education, government and other (appropriate content) sites -- to and from this WebSite are encouraged and welcomed.
Warning: Some web sites to which these materials provide links for the convenience of users are not managed by the University of Kentucky. The University takes no responsibility for the contents of those sites.
Note: This site is programmed to collect information about individuals who visit it. Information about your account, such as your address, the pages that you view, and the links that you select, may be collected and stored for future statistical and administrative use. By proceeding further in this site, you are granting permission for the collection of this information.
Additional information may be found here regarding the University of Kentucky's Policy Governing Creation and Use of World-Wide Web Materials.
1995 International Ash Utilization Symposium Web Site Developed and Designed by:
Gretchen Tremoulet, firstname.lastname@example.org
Graphics on the 1995 International Ash Utilization Symposium Web Site Designed and Copyrighted by
former staff member and graphic artist, Kathie Sauer, and may not be used unless permission granted. For permission, contact Gretchen Tremoulet, email@example.com